FIVE REASONS TO JOIN SWE ...
- 1. Scholarship opportunities are available as a National Members of SWE.
- 2. Becoming a National Member of SWE, you are able to attend the National and the Regional Conference.
- 3. You have the chance to network with Professionals during various events and develop new friendships!
- 4. You have the opportunity to attend Professional Development Workshops such as Resume Workshops.
- 5. Our Mentorship program gives you the opportunity to be mentored by Industry, Professionals, Graduate, and/or Undergraduates.
Advantages of Joining SWE
When you join SWE you’re joining more than an organization—you’re joining a movement toward equality and opportunity for women in engineering. Our mission is focused but our impact is vast. We provide the resources you need whether you are beginning, resuming, or building your career. Networking and making connections is very important during your educational and professional career. By joining SWE, you will have the opportunity to network with numerous professionals in the industry. We also encourage creative and intelligent girls at an early age to explore the field of engineering. Through such career development and awareness, we are making significant strides—together.
Becoming a member of NJIT's Section of SWE is free but there are more opportunities that you can gain from being a National member of SWE. There are a few membership options that are available:
- Collegiate Member: For $20 a year you can gain access to SWE's website that provides eligibility for Scholarships, the ability to attend the National and Regional Conferences, and much more!
- Collegiate-to-Career (C2C) Membership: Not only will gain all the Collegiate Member benefits but you will only have to make a one time $50 payment that will cover for your collegiate years through the first year that you qualify on becoming a Professional member!! You can find out more info about this here
- Joint Membership: You can take advantage of being in multiple Professional Organization by doing a joint-membership with SWE and the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers(SHPE) for $21 a year. Or a joint-membership with SWE and National Society of Black Engineers(NSBE) for $27 a year.
- Professional Member: Is available for recent graduates and/or Professionals. For $120 a year you can gain Professional development, become a mentor, the ability to attend the National and Regional Conferences, and much more! More information about NJ's Professional SWE section can be found here.
How to Become a National Member
Interested in becoming a National member of SWE? The video below provides a step-by-step tutorial on how to become a national member of SWE. Visit the National site here and don't forget that NJIT's SWE Region Section is #E068.
If you have anymore questions feel free to contact us and we can help assist you!
Check out our NJIT SWE Consitution here!